You can install the theme automatically or manually. It's better to install TheSaaS on a fresh WordPress installation.
Auto Installation (recommended)
The easiest way to install (and later update) your theme is to use the Envato Market plugin. Just download the plugin and follow the installation guide from Envato.
Extract the zipped package downloaded from ThemeForest to your desktop. In the extracted package you will find thesaas.zip which is the WordPress theme file.
You can install the theme one of two ways:
- Navigate to Appearance > Themes in your WordPress administration panel.
- Click the Add New button at the top of the page.
- Click the Upload theme button at the top of the page.
- Select the theme .zip file in the theme package downloaded from Themeforest and click Install Now.
- Connect to your website host using your FTP client.
- Go to your default WordPress themes folder (/wp-content/themes/) and upload the non-zipped theme folder into that folder (/wp-content/themes/).
After uploading the theme, you must preview and activate it. Since TheSaaS includes starter content, you should press "Live Preview" button and then press "Save & Active" to install the starter content. Follow the following instruction for activation:
- Navigate to the Appearence > Themes page.
Find TheSaaS and press Live Preview button.
In the new opened page, click Save & Activate button on top left side of the page.
Missing stylesheet issue
While installing the theme manually, you may see the "The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet." message.
Don't worry. If you see this message, it means you've uploaded a wrong theme's file (actually, you're trying to upload the main theme's file containing the theme, its plugins, documentation, etc.)
Please, open this .zip file, find the theme's .zip file in it, and use it instead.